I think I had the best seat in the house. These are pictures of the snow geese in the field just behind my house. And this was before I had a flock of around 75 more fly over my house and land by them. Pretty awesome, huh?!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Posted by Kirsten at 11:17 PM
On Thursday February 19th I set Karalee and Leon down to color while I had a shower. Well, when I came out Leon had on his paper Kanon's name. I automatically thought that Karalee wrote it for him because it just well looked so dang good. Both of the kids said that it was him, Leon who wrote it. Robert and I were so impressed. We have been noticing a lot of wonderful things Leon has been doing. For example, we have a hook in our kitchen that we hang a calendar and Robert's work keys on it and Leon told me the other day that when he lays down it looks like the letter L the same one that's in his name. I knew he was smart, but he is impressing Robert and I everyday.
The picture is definitely proof that I am not just boasting about my son, but that he is so smart for just being 3 1/2.
Posted by Kirsten at 11:03 PM
Friday, February 13, 2009
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
I was so excited for Valentine's Day so I could do this cute hair do for Karalee that I saw on one of the sites I like. I think it turned out way cute and she absolutely just loved it. Robert thought it looked pretty awesome too.
Posted by Kirsten at 8:10 AM
Kanon has been teething for a few months and he finally cut his first tooth on February 11th. He was so fussy because of a little cold he has and then cutting that tooth in as well. He finally did it though and now I believe he is trying to get the other one in as well. I am sure he'll be happy once it finally comes in. Also he is rolling all over the place and doing his little push ups---watch out mom he'll be crawling soon.
Oh, he just got the other one in right by it!
Posted by Kirsten at 8:03 AM
Monday, February 9, 2009
For those who know my husband is one of the Sunday School teachers for the adults. Well, this past Sunday was his turn to teach, but he was going to Vegas to pick up some derby cars. He intended on being back Saturday night so he could do the lesson on Sunday. He also said he would take Leon with him and they would stay with my parents. Well, I was thinking that would make for a long trip and a lot of driving for one day. I volunteered to do his lesson for him. Now keep in mind I have never in my life taught an adult class before. So I looked in his manual and the topic was 'How to receive personal revelation from the Holy Ghost', alright I think I could do this because I have had quite a lot of revelations from the Holy Ghost throughout my life. Any how I was so prepared when I went to church and wasn't nervous until I saw everyone's face. I think I did an alright job, even though I did stumble a little. I had a lot of class participation and I used the time wisely. I hope everyone in the class wasn't bored. Right now I am not sure if I would sub again it was a little nerve racking, but it is true that the teacher does learn a lot from their own lessons. I was happy I taught it and that I could help my hubby out.
Posted by Kirsten at 10:54 AM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Thanks to everyone that tagged me and I enjoyed reading yours.
1. I am obsessive like my mom about cleaning.
2. I love toasted tomato, cheese and mustard sandwiches.
3. Some people are surprised when I tell them that I have a temper.
4. My new obsession is making skirts and dresses for Karalee out of my old shirts.
5. I love my kids cute personalities.
6. My husbands pet peeves have become mine--People who chew loud.
7. I love Delta and hope to never have to leave. It is so quiet here and there are a ton of stars.
8. I want to be a Dental Hygienist.
9. The first thing I notice about people are their teeth. See above.
10. I am obsessed with teeth. See above.
11. I do not have any fillings in my teeth. See above.
12. I want my family to be stronger in the LDS Church.
13. I would like to attend the temple more.
14. I love to swim and wish that I could do it everyday.
15. I love horses and have wanted to learn how to ride one since I was little.
16. I have been biting my nails since I can remember and wish I could be done with it-- It's a nervous habit.
17. I wish I could erase somethings in my past, but not start over.
18. I want to lose 30 pounds.
19. I love ice cream.
20. I hate folding socks.
21. I have started to become more of a computer whiz. My husbands laptop had a bad virus on it and I fixed it. He was going to take it to the Geek Squad, so I saved us $200.
22. I hope I never have to dye my hair.like my sister has too from going gray.
23. I love where I am in my life.
24. I enjoy the unconditional love that my children give to me.
25. I love Facebook, Blogspot, internet etc for helping me keep in touch with my friends and family.
Hope that's not too much info that you didn't want to know about me.
I tag Dana, Tana, Karen, Jamie A. and everyone else that wants to participate.
Posted by Kirsten at 11:15 PM
This is Karalee on Hawaii Day. Since Mom has been in a crafty mood, Karalee and I made her hula skirt, flower barrette and lei. We had a lot of fun making it even though she said he skirt kept shedding throughout the day.
Posted by Kirsten at 2:54 PM